Votes For Schools
VotesforSchools provides award-winning weekly resources to prompt discussion on a challenging current issue. Students vote and comment and we ensure that their voices are heard and have an impact.
Promoting Pupil Voice
VotesforSchools creates weekly lessons that spark conversation and debate. We put pupil voice at the forefront with
- Activities designed to improve oracy, critical thinking and media literacy skills
- A national voting platform that captures what young people think about key issues
- Direct, personal responses from organisations, changemakers and influential figures, which showcase the impact of pupil voice
Extensive Curriculum Coverage
There are some areas of the curriculum that can be particularly challenging to evidence when it comes to auditing and inspection - that’s where we come in. VotesforSchools supports schools by providing
- Evidence of full coverage of SMSC, British Values & Prevent curriculum criteria throughout the academic year
- Mapping to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the SHANARRI Wellbeing Indicators (GIRFEC)
- Termly and annual curriculum overviews showing development in all areas
By joining VotesforSchools, your children will be joining a network of over 1,200 schools, all taking part in a national conversation. As part of this, there are opportunities to
- Compare their vote results with other educational settings, on a regional and national level
- Get involved in Youth Advisory Board meetings, where they can discuss and share their thoughts with their peers, charities and businesses
- Showcase their work in and outside of school by applying for a Student Voice Award as an individual or for their school.
See below to see what our children have been voting for.